Latest Team Rankings
Free Text Alerts
|ShopMobileRadio RSSRivals.com Yahoo! Sports|
|College Teams||High Schools|
August 7, 2009
The Warhawks continued to battle the dog days of summer as they continued their preparations for the 2009 season. Individual and team drills in shorts and helmets made up the day with all three offenses and defenses taking turns through the rotation as coaches instructed.
"It's nice and warm again," Head Coach Charlie Weatherbe said following practice. "We've had a few guys cramping up, which is expected this time of the year. We just have to continue to work at the pace that we are working at and thinking while we are tired and push through that tiredness."
Senior receiver LaGregory Sapp looked to be back in old form, as he made several spectacular catches and showed his great down field blocking, allowing freshman running backs Isaiah Newsome and Carl Elie to break several long runs.
Tomorrow the Warhawks will step up their practices, as they will go in shells, helmets and shoulder pads, working towards the first full pads practice on Tuesday.
"We are looking for the same speed and the same concentration, but with more collisions," Weatherbie said of his expectations.
- ULM players will be at Monroe's Pecanland Mall on Saturday in front JcPennys looking to sign up children under 12 for the Junior Warhawk Club.
- Junior running back Frank Goodin will be sidelined one week from a pulled hamstring.
- Freshman offensive lineman Nick Hawkins is sidelined with a minor back injury.
- Senior Safety Greg James was held out of practice due to dehydration.
- Several players dropped from the practice rotation due to cramps
- Another player has left the team following reporting day. Details here.